AKPhA respects your privacy and protects any personal information that may be provided to AKPhA to facilitate use of its electronic services.
We request from users of AKPhA’s online services only information that is necessary for AKPhA to provide high-quality online services.
We do not sell personal data, such as email addresses, to other entities.
Contact information of AKPhA members may be made available to another member of AKPhA upon request and review of said request by the AKPhA staff and/or Board of Directors. Members have the opportunity to opt out of sharing of personal data with other members of AKPhA. Elected officials of AKPhA shall retain the ability to access appropriate member contact information to carry out required responsibilities.
We may from time to time share your contact information with outside vendors for the purpose of providing membership services; such vendors are screened by the AKPhA staff and Board of Directors and their use of any data is strictly limited to uses approved by AKPhA.
Under no circumstances, with the exceptions of cooperation with a law enforcement investigation or pursuant to a court order, will AKPhA share credit card or any other personal financial information with any entity other than those financial institutions with which AKPhA maintains business accounts to process payments.
Sensitive information shared via the website is protected both online and offline. Wherever sensitive information (such as credit card data) is submitted, it is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Memberships and Publications
- All membership and publication payments are final.
- Special requests may be made to the AKPhA Board of Directors.
- Refunds will be considered when requested in writing. Dated fax, written and email refund requests will be accepted from the registrant. Verbal and voice message requests, or requests from another individual, may not be accepted.
- Online and credit card registration refunds may incur a minimum processing fee of 10% or $10 (whichever is smallest).
- Written requests received within one month prior to the first date of the program, receive a 50% refund of the registration fee paid.
- Written requests received AFTER the start of the event or program are refunded at the discretion of the Executive Director and AKPhA Board of Directors.
- Specific events may have specific policies. Please refer to the event webpage for details.