FREE CPE Workshop–Sustainable Pharmacist-Provided Healthcare Services: A Documentation, Medical Billing and Advocacy Primer
When: Friday, February 7, 2020, 8:00 am – 2:00 pm (Optional Activity During AKPhA Annual Convention)
Where: Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, 2nd Floor
Cost: FREE (Must be members of AKPhA)–Registration is Required
What: This program has an online 1.0 Hour Self-Study component with assessment (link to be forwarded to participants shortly after registration) and a Live Workshop with an online post evaluation (live agenda posted in link below). Developed in Partnership with the UAA/ISU Doctor of Pharmacy Program and the Alaska Department of Health & Social Services.
FULL ACTIVITY ANNOUNCEMENT & Manual Registration form HERE or Register Online Below
Self-Study Outcome and Learning Objectives (UAN 0139-0000-19-202-H04-P)
Knowledge-Based Activity, Target Audience: Pharmacists
Release Date 12/16/2019, Expiration Date 12/16/2022, 1.0 Hours (0.1 CEU)
Self study learning activities are designed to ensure that all participants have an introductory understanding of medical billing and pharmacist-provided healthcare services. At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the role of compensation for pharmacists as providers of healthcare services
- Explain the basic components of credentialing and contracting needed to seek compensation for healthcare services from the medical benefit
- Explain the basic principles of evaluation and management (E&M) billing and coding
Successful completion of the self-study component involves passing the online self-study assessment with a grade of 70% or higher. CPE credit will be posted to CPE Monitor within 60 days of completion. Shortly after registration, you will be sent the link to the self-study video, the corresponding online quiz, and the pre-workshop survey.
Live Workshop Outcome and Learning Objectives (UAN 0139-0000-20-100-L04-P)
Application-Based Activity, Target Audience: Pharmacists
Release Date 02/07/2020, Expiration Date 02/07/2020, 5.0 Hours (0.5 CEU)
Participants will be able to describe the basic components involved in billing the medical benefit for pharmacist-provided healthcare services focused on chronic disease management, including diabetes and cardiovascular disease, and discuss opportunities for billing in Alaska. At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Illustrate how to document a patient encounter using a SOAP note that supports billing the medical benefit.
- Demonstrate coding a patient visit to obtain reimbursement from the medical benefit for pharmacist-provided healthcare services
- Identify barriers to billing the medical benefit for pharmacist-provided healthcare services.
- Identify opportunities to support the sustainability of pharmacist-provided healthcare services in Alaska and nationally.
Successful completion of the Live Workshop involves attending the full workshop and completing the online post evaluation by midnight on February 16, 2020. CPE credit will be posted to CPE Monitor within 60 days of completion
Andrew Hibbard, PharmD, BCGP
Ambulatory Care Clinical Coordinator, CareOregon
Renee Robinson, PharmD, MPH, MSPharm
Associate Professor, UAA/ISU Doctor of Pharmacy Program
Zach Rosko, PharmD, BCPS, CDE
Director of Pharmacy and Care Teams, Neighborhood Health Center Oregon
Tom Wadsworth, PharmD, BCPS
Assistant Dean of Alaska Programs, UAA/ISU Doctor of Pharmacy Program
The Alaska Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.