- This event has passed.
54th Annual Convention & Tradeshow, 2020
- Must be a member of AKPhA to attend. Add a Membership by clicking the cart icon on the upper right corner when you arrive at the payment screen (then the “Continue Shopping” button), OR click the JOIN icon at the top of this page.
- MEMBERS can login for easier registration.
- Early Bird Rates good through January 15, 2020. Convention fees are non-refundable past January 15th. Prior to this date, a 50% refund may be requested.
- Manual Registration Form
- OPTIONAL FREE CPE WORKSHOP–Sustainable Pharmacist-Provided Healthcare Services: A Documentation, Medical Billing and Advocacy Primer
- Friday, February 7, 2020, 8:00 am – 2:00 pm (Workshop Registration Now Closed)
- Must be a member of AKPhA to participate. 1.0 Hour of accredited Home Study materials are also provided.
- Advance Registration Required–Click here for full activity announcement, schedule and registration links.
The Alaska Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Sessions will be accredited for both pharmacists and technicians.
Hotel Room Reservations
A group rate of $101 sgl/dbl occupancy is available for the convention. Please reference Alaska Pharmacists Association 2020 and book rooms by January 23, 2020 to ensure availability and receipt of group rate. Reservations can be made by calling 800-325-3535 or visit the personalized webpage.
Exhibitor & Sponsor Opportunities
Our main exhibition area is full as of 1/10/2020. We still have booths available in our supplemental Atrium space at a discounted rate of $425.
- Thank you to PICKPOINT for sponsoring our Saturday Dessert Social & Coffee Break
- Thank you to WSPC (Western States Pharmacy Coalition) for sponsoring our Saturday Awards Reception
Thank you to our following Convention Sponsors:
- Alaska Department of Health & Social Services
- Arbinger Institute
Scholarship Silent Auction
- The silent auction will be held Saturday, February 8th. Proceeds help fund three scholarships AKPhA annually provides to students.
- CLICK HERE to Donate and Item or Service–thank you for your support!
Poster Presentations / Abstracts
Poster presentations will be held on Saturday, February 8th at 12:30 pm in the Atrium. Abstracts of the posters are included below:
- Corrie Black (Angharad Ratliff, Stephanie Hurley)—Assessing the need for andexanet alfa in an off-the-road system, remote, critical access hospital
- Talethia Bogart (Christoper Owens, Elaine Nguyen, Renee Robinson)—Utilizing pharmacy students to create a sustainable and reliable emergency pharmacy preparedness program to promote the appropriate utilization of healthcare resources: Process Development Initiative
- Nikolina Golob (Christopher Chong, Mike Beiergrohslein, Madalene Mandap, Solana Rollolazo)—Expanding HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis care delivery through assessing knowledge, attitudes, and barriers from providers, nurse case managers, and pharmacists within the Nuka System of Care
- Jacob Jordan & Talethia Bogart (Renee Robinson)—Alaska assisted living home immunization program: a multidisciplinary, community health initiative for underserved populations in Southcentral Alaska
- Jacob Jordan (Amy Paul, Thomas Wadsworth, Renee Robinson)—Sustainable education and training model under pharmacist provider reimbursement: survey of patient perceptions and perceived value of pharmacist provided cognitive services
- Tiffany Ma (Phil Bettis, Linsey Hunt, Laura Soutz, Danielle Ahlstrom)—Developing a unique advanced pharmacy practice experience: clinical telepharmacy practice through telecommunication and teleprecepting
- David Moore (Florin Iacob, Adam Harris, Matthew Deraedt, Katie Gordon)—Utilizing retrospective pharmacokinetic data to assess vancomycin outcomes and dosing guidelines at the Alaska Native Medical Center
- Brittany Romans (Michael Biddle, Elaine Nguyen, Thomas Wadsworth, Renee Robinson)—Billing and coding: disparities in healthcare provider training
Parking passes are available at the Sheraton for the full day for $10, if needed. Passes can be purchased at the front desk and left in your vehicle. Valet parking is not available