53rd Annual Convention & Tradeshow
- Must be a member of AKPhA to attend (our Non-Member rate is our membership fee). Add a Membership by clicking the cart icon on the upper right corner when you arrive at the Payment screen, select the Non-Member Rate when registering, OR click the JOIN icon at top of this page.
- Membership received now will be good through December 31, 2019.
- MEMBERS can login for easier registration & to RENEW their memberships for 2019.
- Early Bird Rates good through January 15, 2019. Convention fees are non-refundable past January 15th. Prior to this date, a 50% refund may be requested.
- Manual Registration Form
- Optional Programs/Registration Forms for Friday, February 8, 2019 (Must be a member of AKPhA to participate):
- ASHP Acute Care/Hospital Practice Advancement Initiative (PAI) Workshop–FREE
- APhA Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program–FREE
- Please review entire program description linked above prior to registering. Use form to register, or REGISTER ONLINE.
- AzPhA Immunization Training Certificate Program
Exhibitor & Sponsor Opportunities
- Letter of Invitation
- Contract & Sponsor Opportunities–Due January 1, 2019 (Space available as of 1/14/19 in the Atrium Only)
- Pay/Register Online
- Thank you AmerisourceBergen for sponsoring our Dessert Social!
- Thank you to PickPoint for sponsoring our Awards Reception!
Hotel Room Reservations
A group rate of $101 sgl/dbl occupancy is available for the convention. Please reference Alaska Pharmacists Association 2019 Annual Convention and book rooms by January 24, 2019 to ensure availability and receipt of group rate. Reservations can be made by calling 907-343-3157, 800-325-3535 or visit our personalized webpage. **If you received a message when booking online that no rooms were available, the link has been fixed and updated (there are rooms)–thank you!
Link to Handouts
- To be posted end of January
Link to Evaluation Forms
- To be posted prior to convention
Poster Presentation Abstracts
- Michelle Bai–Expansion of a multi-disciplinary immunization program to improve influenza vaccination rates among assisted living home residents: a pharmacy student-driven initiative
- Corrie Black–Antibiotic Prescribing Trends Following Suppression of Fluoroquinolone Susceptibilities
- Matthew Begay-Bruno–Integration of pharmacist-led hepatitis C management into primary care within the Nuka System of Care
- Darien Campbell–Increasing vaccination rates by breaking down education and hesitancy barriers through targeted education for community health aides (CHAs) in rural Alaska
- Hannah Fjeld–Retrospective review of penicillin allergy documentation within an electronic medical record and application to allergy triage for inpatient penicillin allergy testing
- Florin Iacob–Evaluating the effect of the ANMC procalcitonin utilization pathway on clinical decision
- Katelyn Kammers–Review of empiric ceftriaxone elimination for low-risk non-neutropenic fever in pediatric oncology patients with central venous catheters, a follow-up analysis