- This event has passed.
2020 Cardiovascular Update Conference
Hosted by the Providence Alaska Learning Institute
The Cardiovascular update conference is a multidisciplinary program targeted to cardiologists, primary care providers, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, cath lab technologists, pharmacists and other professionals who are interested or work with cardiac patients.
Please register by February 21, 2020.
Day One Learning Objectives (Accredited for 6.0 CPE Hours):
- Describe most recent advances in EP technology
- Describe candidates for TMVR vs surgical repair or replacement.
- Discuss procedural steps.
- Discuss post procedure care
- Describe recent advances in HF care e.g. Cardiomems
- Participants will be able to describe the goals of the Project and current strategies being considered for implementation.
- Participants will be able to discuss possible business impact as the Alaska healthcare system moves towards value-based reimbursements
- Understand the information gained from a cardiac MRI compared to an echocardiogram.
- Understand the utility of cardiac MRI in congenital heart disease.
- Understand how to view a cardiac MRI study
Day Two Learning Objectives (Accredited for 3.5 CPE Hours):
- Discuss Alaska and national CV health measures and outcomes.
- Discuss the etiology, diagnosis, and treatment options for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Discuss the historical role of CT scanning in detection of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD).
- Describe current trends in increased role of CT scanning for risk stratification.
- Provide preliminary data on use of CT scanning for ASCVD risk stratification at Fairbanks Porter Heart.
- Be able to recognize areas of clinical practice where the incorporation of digital medicine technologies can potentially impact patient care, and the associated challenges.
- List 4 digital technologies under development that may contribute to the reengineering of healthcare.
- Describe what digital medicine means and the current tools utilized to help build our understanding.
CPE credit provided by a joint providership agreement with the Alaska Pharmacists Association.