Pharmacy Bills on the Move/Affecting Pharmacy in AK this Session
- SB37/HB 9–Board of Pharmacy Wholesaler Licensing Bill
- SB53/HB 25–Insurance Coverage for Contraceptives
- SB20/HB24–List U-47700 as a Controlled Substance (an amendment adds tramadol to the list of controlled substances)
- SB 38–Pharmacy Benefits Managers/Pharmacy Audits–LETTERS REGARDING THIS ISSUE NEEDED!
- SB 32–Prescriptions for Biological Products
- SB79/HB159–By the Governor, An Act related to the prescription of opioids; establishing the Voluntary Nonopioid Directive Act; relating to the controlled substance prescription database. See Governor’s Press Release HERE.
For more information on pending legislation, read reports by lobbyist below.
2015, SB 71—Vaccine Certification for Pharmacists—Signed into Law, Chapter 16 SLA 15
AKPhA received tremendous support from Senator Cathy Giessel, who sponsored this bill, and from many other legislators. AKPhA also thanks our legislative committee, Co-Chaired by Barry Christensen and Dirk White, and our Lobbyist, Caren Robinson, for their tireless efforts and dedication in moving this bill forward. http://www.akleg.gov/basis/get_complete_bill.asp?session=29&bill=SB71
2016, SB23–Independent Dispensing by a Pharmacist of an Opioid Overdose Drug–Effective 11/26/16
The Board of Pharmacy regulations concerning standards for the independent dispensing of an opioid overdose drug became effective November 26, 2016. For details: Board of Pharmacy Regulation