2019 Pharmacy Bills on the Move/Affecting Pharmacy in AK this Session
- Provider Status–Pending
For more information on pending legislation, read LOBBYIST REPORTS.
- HB 240–Drug Pricing; Pharmacy Benefits Managers–Effective August/September 2018
- SB32–Prescriptions for Biological Products–Effective July 13, 2018
- SB37–Pharmacy Board/Commercial Fisheries Commission–Effective July 24, 2018
2017, Alaska Medicaid Pharmacy Opioid Management Changes–Effective April 20, 2017
- SB79/HB159–By the Governor, An Act related to the prescription of opioids; establishing the Voluntary Nonopioid Directive Act; relating to the controlled substance prescription database. See Governor’s Press Release HERE.
- Letter from Department of Health & Social Services Regarding Strategies and Initiatives
- ICD-10 Diagnosis Code Opioid Prescription Requirements Guidance
2016, SB23–Independent Dispensing by a Pharmacist of an Opioid Overdose Drug–Effective 11/26/16
The Board of Pharmacy regulations concerning standards for the independent dispensing of an opioid overdose drug became effective November 26, 2016. For details: Board of Pharmacy Regulation
2015, SB 71—Vaccine Certification for Pharmacists—Signed into Law, Chapter 16 SLA 15
AKPhA received tremendous support from Senator Cathy Giessel, who sponsored this bill, and from many other legislators. AKPhA also thanks our legislative committee, Co-Chaired by Barry Christensen and Dirk White, and our Lobbyist, Caren Robinson, for their tireless efforts and dedication in moving this bill forward. http://www.akleg.gov/basis/get_complete_bill.asp?session=29&bill=SB71