The Alaska Pharmacists Association is here to make a difference. Your membership offers a number of benefits to assist you both personally and professionally. By joining the Association today, we can work together to meet the challenges of health care tomorrow.
AKPhA was founded in 1956 when the state was still a territory. Although the American Pharmaceutical Association recognized the association in 1957, it fell dormant for a number of years and reemerged in 1966. Since that time, AKPhA has held annual conventions in Anchorage traditionally around the February Fur Rendezvous celebration.
- Quarterly Print Newsletter
- Legislative Representation–A professional lobbyist is retained to represent the interests of pharmacy in Alaska, and members can participate in our annual Legislative Fly-In to Juneau.
- E-mail Updates
- Access to Job Opportunities (website, newsletter and e-updates)
- Classified Advertising/Job Postings at Member Rates
- Continuing Pharmacy Education–Offered during our Annual February Convention and other local programs (Live and Home Study) throughout the year. AKPhA is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education
- A Voice in your Profession – Working relationships are developed and maintained with other Alaska health care organizations
- Liaison with other National pharmacy organizations
- Recognition of excellence through scholarships and awards
- Liaison to Alaska Board of Pharmacy
- Rotation Opportunities