Welcome to the Alaska Pharmacists Association
The Mission of the Alaska Pharmacists Association is to preserve, promote and lead the profession of pharmacy in Alaska.
The Alaska Pharmacists Association (AKPhA) is committed to giving Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians an opportunity to voice their issues and concerns regarding pharmacy practice in Alaska.
Whether you are from Southeast, Southcentral or the Interior, members of the Board comprise each region to ensure equal representation.
AKPhA was founded in 1956 when the state was still a territory. Although the American Pharmaceutical Association recognized the association in 1957, it fell dormant for a number of years and reemerged in 1966. Since that time, AKPhA has held annual conventions in Anchorage traditionally around the Fur Rendezvous celebration.
October 8, 2016, Alyeska Hotel
- Schedule (Updated 9/23/16)
- Manual Registration Form
- Online Registration
- LINK TO SESSION EVALUATIONS
- LINK TO SESSION HANDOUTS
- Proposed Regulation Changes by the Board of Pharmacy--Comments due September 30th
- Alaska Medicaid will incorporate several claims processing edits into the pharmacy point of sale system September 7, 2016. Click HERE for a summary of the upcoming changes.
- The Alaska Board of Pharmacy posted an interim guidance document on their website to guide licensees until regulations governing the dispensation of opioid overdose drugs/SB23 are implemented. Click HERE for a copy of the document.
Now Accepting Scholarship Applications & Nominations
- Click HERE for a description of the scholarships, to download the applications or nominate a student.
- Our scholarship program is made possible by donations and proceeds from the Silent Auction held during the Annual Convention. Click HERE to make a donation!
2017 Annual Convention--Mark Your Calendars
February 10-12, 2017, Sheraton Anchorage
A huge thank you to all of our 2016 sponsors, speakers and exhibitors who contributed to making our past convention a success! For a full list of sponsors and exhibitors, please click HERE
Immunization Delivery Training Certificate Program
Legislation regarding pharmacists considered this past 2016 session is outlined in our Lobbyist's Reports (Select Legislation Tab above) and are as follows: