Welcome to the Alaska Pharmacists Association
The Mission of the Alaska Pharmacists Association is to preserve, promote and lead the profession of pharmacy in Alaska.
The Alaska Pharmacists Association (AKPhA) is committed to giving Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians an opportunity to voice their issues and concerns regarding pharmacy practice in Alaska.
Whether you are from Southeast, Southcentral or the Interior, members of the Board comprise each region to ensure equal representation.
AKPhA was founded in 1956 when the state was still a territory. Although the American Pharmaceutical Association recognized the association in 1957, it fell dormant for a number of years and reemerged in 1966. Since that time, AKPhA has held annual conventions in Anchorage traditionally around the Fur Rendezvous celebration.
Click HERE to view our Strategic Plan.
Hilton Anchorage, February 12-14, 2016
Hotel Room Reservations
A group rate of $125 sgl/dbl occupancy is available for the convention. Please reference code PHAR16 and book rooms by January 29, 2016 to ensure availability and receipt of group rate. Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-HILTONS, online at www.hiltonanchorage.com or click on our personalized webpage here.
Exhibitor Contract & Sponsor Opportunities
Network with pharmacists and technicians from throughout the state. Click on the following links for more information and please return contracts by January 1, 2016. (Space may still be available after this date, contact AKPhA to confirm).
- Convention Chair: Michelle Locke, mrlocke at anthc.org
- Vendor Relations: Nancy Frei, frei at prodigy.net
- For general information and questions, e-mail email@example.com
Nominations Open--Board of Directors
Call for 2016 Award Nominations--Deadline December 1st
- Distinguished Young Pharmacists Award--Sponsored by Pharmacists Mutual
- Pharmacy Technician Award--Sponsored by AKPhA
- Excellence in Innovation Award--Sponsored by National Alliance of State Pharmacy Assns and Upsher-Smith Laboratories
- Cardinal Health Generation Rx Champion Award
- Bowl of Hygeia--Sponsored by the APhA Foundation and NASPA with support from Boehringer-Ingelheim
- Distinguished Alaskan Pharmacist Award--Sponsored by AKPhA
Click on the Membership/Awards above for more information and the nomination form.
Call for Poster Abstracts--Deadline January 16
AKPhA will have poster presentations at the Annual Convention on Saturday, February 13th. Poster sessions encourage registrants to informally discuss current projects with colleagues in pharmacy practice. To participate, download the following form. Abstracts received will be posted on our website under the CE/Events Tab, Convention, Poster Abstracts.